Friday, January 11, 2013

It's a New Year!

I can't believe where the time has gone! What a year 2012 was! My last post was in October.  On the 25th to be exact.  Many things have been going on since then.  Hurricane Sandy (I live in the New York/New Jersey area). A snowstorm a week later. ...taking a doctoral level class (papers & more papers), working six days a week, a continuing education workshop, reports for the students I work with, the holidays (family time!) and now back to work.  I hope I will be forgiven for not posting all this time.  I hope (I won't promise) to be a regular blog poster from now on.

I have lost my knitting and crocheting mojo these past few months too though I have been teaching whenever a student wants a class. I hope to get back into both sometime soon.  I joined my knitting buddies once a week to sit and knit at a local Starbucks or Barnes & Noble. 

SALE
It's a new year and a great time to do some knitting or crocheting just for you or a special someone!  And just in time Michael's Arts & Crafts is having a one day sale on classes on January 12th (tomorrow).  All day the knit and crochet classes will be 25% off.  I have posted my schedules for the next 3 months (January, February, & March) so that if you were thinking of taking a class you could print my schedule, then go to the store and sign up at the register.  If you have any questions, just email me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you want to learn a new skill or technique and it's not listed on the calendar, contact me and I will let you know which class to sign up for. 

NEW CLASS MINIMUMS!

Michael's has decided that beginning in 2013 there will be a 2 student minimum in order to hold a class.  All classes with only 1 student will be cancelled (you will be notified with 24 hours if it is cancelled). You can hope for other students signing up or ensure that a class will be held by signing up with a friend.  I've noticed that it's a fun bonding experience when you take a class with a friend and you gain a new skill at the same time.

That's all for now.  I'll be back soon. 

Happy Knitting & Crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment