Sunday, March 4, 2012

Goal Accomplished!

Greetings!  I have been thinking about blogging for about two years now and finally made the decision to start the blog this year.  I stopped making new year's resolutions a long time age as I didn't seem to be able to stick to the long list of resolutions I had in the past. Now, I make a mental list and those that stick become reality.  Just like this blog is now reality.

This blog will be about my knitting, crochet and other crafts which usually relate to either craft.  I love to knit, crochet and bead. Last year, I took a year long course called Sheep to Shawl in Rockland, NY.  The name is appropriate as I learned to clean, card, and spin yarn once shorn from the sheep.  Recently, I have not been able to do much of any of the crafts I love for myself. It's mainly samples for my classes in between my regular work schedule.  Soon I should be caught up and back to my thing.

You may be thinking, "How did you get here"? That's a long story. I'll give the short version. I have been knitting since I was a teenager on and off.  My mom taught me back then. Almost 10 years ago, I started again with the goal of making my projects look good enough to get the question,  "Where did you get that?" not, "Did you make that"?  I have almost accomplished this goal.  I'm still working on making sweaters fit me perfectly. Perfection is a lofty goal. I plan to get close.

Five years ago I took a knitting instructor class to learn how to teach knitting, which I had been doing anyway, but I made it official.  Last year, I did a crochet instructor class.  A few more teaching hours and I'm done with the official certification. Yeah! Another goal accomplished!

I'll be posting about where to find my classes so you can learn with me if you like.  I'll attempt to post my finished projects as they come up to whet your appetite. Anyway, I'm so happy to have a place to share. I hope you'll be joining me from time to time. 

Until we meet again,
Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment