Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring is Here!

Greetings,

We've been having some beautiful Spring/Summer weather here in the NY/NJ metro area. The trees are blossoming and the flowers are blooming. One of my favorites, forsythias, are in full bloom already.  I just love the little yellow flowers of the forsythia bush! This is my favorite season of the year. I have been so excited to get outdoors and soak it all in, but work has been getting in the way. Oh well. 

So what does this have to do with knitting and crochet?  Spring is a time for new beginnings.  I think of weddings (my wedding was in April) and babies (baby showers and little chicks for Easter).  Last evening, I taught the Baby Blossom Hat crochet class at JoAnn's Arts & Crafts Store in Paramus, NJ.  What a great class it was too!  Take a look at the finished projects.


My Baby Blossom Crocheted Hat
 
Baby Blossom Hat flower view


I crocheted the green hat.  As you can see, the hat calls for Lion Brand's Vanna's Choice Baby Yarn.  This is a quick project. With all the teaching and chatting going on with the student and other passersby, we finished this hat in 1.5 of the 3 hours time allotted for the class.The time just flew by. The hat only requires a few crochet stitches.  I guess that's why it is a 202 class.  It's more an intermediate beginner class.  Basic stitches like single crochet and chain stitches were used, but we added on the half double crochet and double crochet stitch as well as crocheting in the round with this project.  We were tempted to make another hat too since there was enough time and yarn left over from the one ball the pattern specifies but, we  left it at just one hat each.  Of course, these hats have not yet been blocked and when they are completely blocked they will look and photograph so much cuter.   Excuse the lighting, I photographed them in the store.  You can see the shelves full of yarn in the background.  Here's the students hat.

Student's Hat


If you're interested in taking this class with me there will be another class April 16th from 6p-9p since the published date of April 20 is incorrect.  If you're interested in learning other knit and crochet techniques, please see the Michael's March calendar from my previous post. I will be posting my April calendar next week.  If you can't wait until then go to http://www.michaels.com/and http://www.joann.com/  for classes in April. Both are in Paramus, NJ. 

Happy Stitching!






No comments:

Post a Comment